She told me she needed to write an essay about why she wants to be on student council, how she can be a good leader and why they should pick her. She got right to work, writing away. I corrected a couple of spelling mistakes and on Sunday she re-wrote it so she could hand it in first thing Monday morning.
While re-writing it, all of the sudden I heard a huge sigh and then she burst into tears! I was like, what the heck!?!?! She said along with the essay she also needed a letter of recommendation and that she was going to have her friend do it, but it was too late. Her world came crashing down!!
I'm thinking, oh goodness....well, Sunday night at seven...what can we do??? Think, think...this is my chance to help her all the sudden turned upside down world turn right side up again. Her sweet primary teacher immediately came to mind. So I suggested that she call her, explain what she needed and ask her if she would be willing to write the letter for her.
At first I thought Kennedy would want me to make the call, but she was totally fine with calling her. As I listened to her conversation, I was like WOW! this little girl of mine is more grown up than I think!! She handled it so well. Proud mommy here. Anyway, 30 minutes later she went to pick the letter up. And what a sweet letter she wrote for Kennedy!
Kennedy came home today with great news!! They chose her to be on Student Council!! It's a happy day in the Cosson home!! She immediately called daddy to tell him the news...
there is a box of Junior Mints behind the certificate...cute, huh.
Here is her letter, written all by her sweet little self...
(click on it to make it bigger)
and the sweet letter from her fabulous primary teacher...
Daddy took her and the family to
The Olive Garden to celebrate!!



6 comments:
Kennedy we are so Happy for you. We know you will do a good job for your school and the students there.
Congratulations!
Love you,
G.& G. Thomson
P.S. your letter was the best
That is so awesome! I love her letter, it is absolutely perfect. What a great accomplishment for her.
I love everything about this.
GOOD FOR HER!!!
Way to go Kennedy!!! I just love her more and more with everything I learn about her! :)
Congrats to Kennedy! Kallie was on the student council last year and had a great experience. Why did you have to go and mention Olive Garden...now I want to go?! :)
PS- I love how positive and fun your blog is, I like happy people!
Yeah Kennedy!!
Post a Comment