Sunday, December 09, 2012

Family, Santa and a Winter Wonderland

So this weekend we traveled north to be with family.  The annual Wynn Christmas party was taking place and we wanted to be a part of it.  It was a fabulous time and fun was had by all! I love seeing all my cousins who I grew up with.  They all have a special place in my heart.  
My sweet cousin, Randi, made necklaces for each of her aunts and cousins.  She shared with us that a pearl necklace she had of Grandma's broke and she felt inspired to make the necklaces.  She used one pearl in each and then used the turquoise beads because Grandma loved turquoise, so fitting.  The nest, again so fitting, because grandma had a love for anything birds...their cute (human made) houses and their own creations, nests.  
I love it.  I will wear it often and think of Grandma every time I do.  Thank you, sweet Randi.  


The highlight of the evening for all the young kiddos is that Santa always visits.  It's good he was giving out awesome treats otherwise these two would not have sat on his lap.  


The kiddos wishes came true when we woke up to snow...BOTH mornings.  They had so much fun playing in it.  Take note of their redneck snow boots...yes, those are Walmart bags tied around their legs.  Speaking of rednecks...if you have A&E and are not watching Duck Dynasty, you totally should be!!


No comments: