
Yesterday morning, typical Saturday morning...kids out of bed by 6:30 ready to turn cartoons on so they can watch to their hearts content. Usually mom and dad enjoy sleeping in a little, but on this morning we were awake as ever and decided on a whim to go to one of our favorite places, Zion National Park. We jumped out of bed, got ready, packed our sustenance and we were off. I love being spontaneous like that. I used to not be like that and I consider it a very welcomed change.
We got there a little before 9 a.m. and it was windy and chilly, brrrrr. We got on the shuttle bus that we enjoy so much (you can watch the scenery rather than the road) and we were on our way into the park. We got off at the Grotto and took the Grotto trail that lead us back to the ZNP Lodge. The wind died down and though still a little chilly, it was pleasant. Along the way we saw some wild turkeys, climbed some rocks and just enjoyed being together as a family. We got to the lodge and parked it on the green grass and soaked in the sun while the kids were playing around. After our long moment of relaxation we got on the shuttle and took it a little ways to Canyon Junction. There we got off to do the Pa'rus trail. By this time the sun was up and it was HOT, the kids were troopers though. We played a little in the river, saw a few deer and just had a fun time.
I love being out in nature surrounded by such beautiful creations. It provides a certain sense of peace that I can't get anywhere else.
Anyhoo, Rob said yesterday that anytime we tell the kids we are going to "the park" we'd better be prepared to go to ZNP. We LOVE it there!
7 comments:
I am jealous!!! That sounds like so much fun! You took some great pictures too. I love the caterpillar!
I finally got to go this summer. I hope to be able to go again soon. Love your pictures. Yo have such talent and such an eye!
It's one of our favorite places too! Glad you had a good time, and I love the pictures!
ok so we were planning a trip there this summer and never made it. colt had some work things come up and we never got to it. i want to soooo bad, it looks beautiful. thanks for inspiring me to put that at the top of my list for next summer...
Going out on whim is always fun! I miss you already...we need to do lunch or just talk and hangout! What do you think? Loves
I'm in, I'm in! Cute blog Lindsey! this really will be fun to be back in touch. It's been too long! I was scrolling through some of your posts, you guys got married just 1 week before us! Funny! And our dresses were a lot the same too...where does the time go?
I always love your pictures!
Post a Comment