So this last week we headed north for Jackson, WY and Island Park, ID.
We rode along with Rob's parents, which made it seem even
more like a vacation. I was able to soak in the {beautiful} scenery and
reminisce of good old times. We are grateful to Lewis and Paula for
extending the invitation to us...Thank you.
We stopped in Garden City at 10:30 am to get a Famous Bear Lake
Raspberry Shake. I hesitated at first because of the time, but heck
with time! You can.not pass one of those up...it was just a small
appetizer to our lunch. Which we ate at the Star Valley Cheese
Factory. Their food is just as good as it was 20 years ago!!



We had a great time in Jackson, we went to the Bar J Chuckwagon
where we had a yummy dinner and were entertained by true
cowboys.
We walked the streets of downtown Jackson, eating yummy
pastries and enjoying one another's company.





In Island Park we relaxed at the Rudd & Co. Cabin,
which is always a great place to be.
A big THANK YOU
goes out to Rob's sister, Kim, and her husband, Mitch,
for always inviting us to join them.
It's a place we truly enjoy.
One day we headed over to Virginia and Nevada City, MT
and took a step
back in time to 1863. The kids washed clothes by hand,
learned how to
play poker (uh-oh), ate some elk stew (yum!),
helped take fresh chicken
eggs back into the future to a modern day fridge,
sat in an old school house
for a session of old time learning and ran around like
the great bunch of kids that they are!
Thanks everyone for the GoOd TiMeS!!
5 comments:
goodness! What fun! I haven't been up to Jackson and played there for a long time! Probably since Dusty and I were dating. Bar J is one of my favorite things! My parents get to go every year. That pioneer town looks like fun though. I'll have to remember it.
THAT looks FUN!!!!
oh man...just got back from Bear Lake yesterday....but your little get away...Bear Lake...extended sounds heavenly! I think I'm putting in on my to list for next summer! and the Bar J ranch is my favorite! You guys are all so cute!
What a great vacation! I absolutely LOVE Jackson Hole. I keep telling Jared we need to go there some day soon.
Gorgeous pictures!!! What a fun vacation ... I have never been to Jackson, WY and have always wanted to, it looks so beautiful. My mouth started to water over all that raspberry shake talk. =)
Post a Comment