Sunday, June 09, 2013

Our week in review...

It was a good week.
Monday we started off by making a 
Sooo delish.
Kennedy loves baking and we love
having a yummy FHE treat
each Monday night.

 Conner was prepared to help, but
got bored pretty quick.
So he got out his bow and arrows and I
drew him a bullseye on the window
with a sharpie.
It kept him busy and yes,
the bullseye washed off with window cleaner.

 Here is little miss cook and
her finished product.
She did a fabulous job!

 Tuesday was a great day.
I turned 29 for the eighth time and it
never felt better. wink, wink.

My idea of a perfect birthday is taking the kids
somewhere that they are going to have a blast
for a few hours and I just sit and relax and read.
We went to the city pool and my birthday was a success.

 Between the diving boards and the hydrotube 
they were having a great time.

 After sitting for about an hour, I looked up
and noticed my view.
I love to see the temple!
It is such a beautiful structure,
inside and out.

Wednesday morning I went rollerblading with my 
friend.  We went 5 fabulous miles. 
Talking and laughing the whole way!
We turned the corner and there was a hot air balloon.
Close enough that we cold hear the gas.
It was pretty cool.

However, this was not cool.
I ended up with some dreadful blisters on both feet.
They still sting as I am typing this. boo.

Wednesday brings us to craft day.
Kennedy had fun making her a masquerade mask.
She is so cute. love that girl.

We planned to make bird feeders.
Some pinecone/peanut butter/birdseed ones and
another type using oranges and birdseed.
The kids really liked it and now we can 
sit on the couch in the family room and
watch the cute birds eat.

Thursday we went for a picnic
and we talked about ways we can serve others.
i sure love these kiddos.
as they played, i read my book.
another perfect day.

Friday we had a ton of fun.
We met our friends at Cafe Rio and had a wonderful
lunch.  I was able to catch up with a sweet friend who recently
moved back from North Carolina.  
After lunch we headed to my other sweet friend's 
in-law's house to go swimming.
It was a blast!
Kennedy about fainted when I told her I would jump in with her.
I'm usually just a patio watcher...

Rob and the kiddos got me these bright, fancy
shoes for my birthday.  
Can't wait to run in them once my blisters heal!

When Conner goes to karate,
Kennedy and I walk 4 blocks to the library.
We got back a little early and this
is where I found Kennedy.
She truly is a bookworm!
She loves reading.
Hmmmm...she's like her mom :)


I am so grateful for my life.
for my hubby.
for my kids.
My life is a good life.
I may not have everything I want,
but I have everything I need.
I am truly blessed.

Love, 
Lindsey

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a great week! Oh my word, I just adore your family, your beutiful kids ... and the life you guys live, just ... beautiful. You are such an amazing mom, Lindsey. I'm so glad you guys are having such a wonderful Summer so far!