Monday, October 08, 2007

Beautiful vs. Crazy

I am still debating with myself whether the craziness of me getting up this morning to go for run in 30 degree weather is outweighed by being able to see the beautiful morning star. Honestly, for as crazy as it sounds I really enjoyed it and I will probably do it a couple more times this week. There is just something about being out early in the morning, the silence (except for the occasional car that passes) that allows me to think and actually hear myself and being able to look at the beautiful scenery, the red mountain, the moon, the stars, etc. To put is simply, it's exhilarating.
As I am typing this blog I am listening to the wonderful John Denver. What a great man he was. His music is beautiful and really reflects the deep love he had for the environment and the rustic outdoors. Someday I will make it to the Sanctuary Gardens in Aspen that are a tribute to him...someday. Thanks to my dad for introducing me to such a wonderful artist at such a young age. www.johndenver.com

3 comments:

Jess said...

I really admire you for this. Although I am a morning person, I find it hard to get up and immediately make it outside. I end up tidying first thing in the morning. However, on the chance that I am outside early, I love it as well. There is something so good about the air and silence. So, good for you! Hope you can hang in there as it gets oh so chilly!
PS thanks for the eating tips. Hopefully we can make it to them!

Bon said...

You are good! I get up early, but only because my kiddos do. Not by choice. Maybe I should start bundling them up and walking with them in the morning. Then I might actually enjoy getting out of my nice comfy bed!:) I think that you are so great! I need to follow your example!

Bonnie

Taylor Fam said...

Lindsey, I'm so glad you have a blog. I wish that I could get myself up early to go run with you, but I don't want to interupt your peaceful morning. Ok who am I kidding, I just can't do it anymore! You're so great!
Lisa