Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On Fire!!

I should probably wait until tomorrow and see if I really want to post this or not, but I am on fire and I am just going to do it.
I just got done watching Frontline (a PBS program) on VP Cheney, it was titled "Cheney's Law".
I have had a belief for a long time that something is just not right with President Bush and his administration. I really started paying attention and wondering why so many top officials and other department heads were resigning. This program validated my belief that these individuals resigned because they didn't agree with what the President was doing and/or approving or they didn't believe that he was doing the right thing. He has approved and gone forward with things that go against the Constitution! The President and his VP rely a little too much on something called executive privilege, meaning the President can do ANYTHING he wants, he doesn't have to go through the normal steps like Congress, etc. Granted, he is the President of the United States, but maybe if he could act like a President of the United States should act and have the same grammar intelligence that a President of the United States should have, I would like him.

1 comment:

Bon said...

That is funny about the grammar! It is so true- he is the worst public speaker. I don't know if you ever watch David Letterman but every night he has a clip of the "George W. Bush clip of the day" Oh my heck he shows every awkward speech moment, stumbling words, and yes even showed a clip of the Pres. hawking a loogie! They are hilarious! And sad that he makes it so easy to make fun of lack of verbal skills!:)
Bonnie