We got as far as needing to determine whether the problems were hardware or software problems and to do so a complete recovery reboot was in order. The technician talked about doing a back-up but then I so confidently informed him of "the book"(external hard drive) we have hooked up and came to the conclusion that we didn't need to do any kind of back up. Oh did we ever need to do a back-up!!! Most of our music has been erased and all pictures from
the beginning of the year ARE GONE!
I.AM.SICK!
The lesson I have learned is to not talk so confidently about something you really know nothing about and always, may I repeat ALWAYS back up your computer before partaking in a recovery/reboot. Sniff, Sniff!
I do have to say, thank goodness for blogs...at least some of the pictures that have been deleted are on my blog.
Well, there is some good news...it was a hardware problem so our DVD drive is being replaced at no charge.
the beginning of the year ARE GONE!
I.AM.SICK!
The lesson I have learned is to not talk so confidently about something you really know nothing about and always, may I repeat ALWAYS back up your computer before partaking in a recovery/reboot. Sniff, Sniff!
I do have to say, thank goodness for blogs...at least some of the pictures that have been deleted are on my blog.
Well, there is some good news...it was a hardware problem so our DVD drive is being replaced at no charge.
9 comments:
Oh...that is so bad!!! I do feel your pain...It is good to know that I am not the only one who has made a fatal mistake like this......Sorry!!
Oh man! SO Sorry!!!
At least it wasn't ALL your pics and thank goodness for blogs!
Oh Yuck! Well take a deep breath! and start shooting some pics quick! ;0)
I'm glad that you got it fixed with no charge but what a BUMMER!!! And yes, thank heavens for our blogs ;)
Oh, I'm so sorry! It's great that it'll be fixed, but it' awful that you lost your pictures.
Thanks for learning the lesson the hard way to help us all out and be prepared and have a back up, we don't have one either, but will be getting one now! Sorry for your loss though!
Oh!! I'm so sorry! That is worse than losing the camera!
Oh no! I've always been afraid to have that happen to us! I finally got the new Norton 360, which makes it super easy to back up pictures on disks every once in awhile. I heard somewhere that even when you format a photo disk, the pictures are actually still there somewhere, and geniuses can get them off (police use it--that's where I heard about it--or maybe it was on a fake episode of NCIS? :-)) Sorry if that's useless info, but if it helps.....
I'm lucky if mine ever make it on my computer...my are still hanging out on the camera card (which I'm sure is worse).
I echo you...thank goodness for blogs!
Post a Comment