Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Happy Mother's Day

It all started early this morning at about 7:15 when I was awoken by Kennedy. She had brought me breakfast in bed! A bowl of frosted shredded wheat, a piece of toast topped with strawberry jam and a glass of water. What a sweetheart, she did it all by herself. After church we went to one of our favorite places, The Tonaquint Nature Garden. The kids love having space to run around and they love looking at all the different flowers, plants, trees and bushes that survive in the desert with little water. It was all topped off at dinnertime when Kennedy brought me a card she made me at school. I will share with you what it said inside.
(The bolded parts are the what she filled in) This absolutely made my day!

SUPER MOM
My mother is the most wonderful mother in the whole world! She's as pretty as a diamond. She weighs 10 pounds and she's 6 feet tall. Her favorite food is Fettuccine. My mother loves me best when I'm nice. I like being with my mother most when I go to the Zoo. In the good old days when Mom was little she used to jump rope. My favorite thing about my Mother is she's funny. If I could get my mother something special just from me it would be her favorite book. I wouldn't trade my mother for a kangaroo.

This brought tears to my eyes. I LOVED that she only thinks I weigh 10 pounds...when I told her what I really weighed she about dropped to the ground. She's a funny girl! And honestly I was touched that she would choose me over a kangaroo...seriously, she must really love me!
I truly love being a mother. I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be the mother of my kids who I love, love, love so much. Though I find myself tirelessly being a referee more than anything, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Me and My Bubba

Me and My Sugar


The Ones Who Have My Heart

7 comments:

Jill said...

So cute. I love that you posted that. i need to post some of the love letters I have recieved from my little love bug. 10 pounds...how adorable. ;0)

Emily said...

Love, love, the pictures Lindsey! What a cute little fam!

Ana said...

I love it when one of my kiddos writes me letters. It is so sweet. Sound like you had a great mother's day!

jcosson said...

you guys are the sweetest family i know. You are all so happy. I miss all of you.
Love Jamie

Kim said...

How sweet! Love the pictures of you and your sweet family! I'm glad you had such a great day. :)

Bon said...

What a cute post Linds! Savanah did the same thing...but I wish she thought I only weighed ten pounds...she answered ALOT! HA! Where are those gardens? I would love to take my kiddos!

Lori said...

How adorable!!! See, I knew you were an amazing mom, i just didn't realize you had the edge over a kangaroo ... now that's impressive!!! I LOVE these pictures ... you guys are all so cute! I hope you're staying cool up there ... we all just came in from the pool ... our hands are all pruney, and our faces are stained from red popsicles ... i love summertime!