Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Family Pictures

This last Saturday we got all ready and headed
out the door to do some DIY photos.

Here I am instructing them
on their smiles...
(and yes, that's the look
I get from Conner anytime
I am trying to "instruct" him)

What a fiasco it was!!!



But the end result,
well it turned out well.

Now the question is...
Christmas cards
or
not??

I've been thinking lately how Facebook has taken
away the excitement of Christmas cards.
I would always look forward to getting cards in
the mail, anxious to see how people had changed
over the year.
Now I can see just about everybody
everyday if I want to.
The jury is still out as to whether I will
do them or not. We'll see.
If I decide not to do them
I will post the "end result".

5 comments:

Randi said...

I feel like I have been missing out on the blogging world. I haven't been on your blog for far too long. Christmas cards? I love them. Traditional. We are going to try to them out this year. I love, love LOVE the colors you picked out for your clothes. So cute!! I miss you!! Love you lady!

Lori said...

(chanting) Christmas Cards! Christmas Cards! Christmas Cards! That's my vote anyway. Totally know what you mean about Facebook though, and how it's kindof ruined the whole christmas card scene. That's why i've basically weened myself from Facebook, and try and use it only as a glorified e-mail account. But December is the only month of the year that it's actually exciting to get the mail! What can I say, I love me a good photo card ... especially when it's of the people i hold most dear. Soooooo, if you don't decide to do christmas cards this year ... I'll request that either Kennedy or Connor draw the Pryor's up a little picture of your sweet family and pop it in the mail, so we can get our fix.

By the way, you all look beautiful, even in the fiasco picture ... which tells me that the end result will be pure sunshine. I can't wait to see it! AND, lastly ... I make that same face that Connor's making when Jared tries to instruct me. =)

Jem said...

I have a friend who keeps a photobook of Christmas Cards from families over the years. Each family has a different page. Its fun to go back and see how everyone has changed. So, I say, send em out.

LL said...

I went through this last year...I feel the same, with FB and the blog, people see us daily.
BUT, i can't let go of the card idea...I just love getting them.
So, I send them!
Can't wait to see the end result!
oh and the look Conner is giving you is the BEST!

Jess said...

I say, send the cards..... if you want to. They can be a pain sometimes, but I love getting them in the mail. PS. I can't believe how tall Conner is getting! Crazy!