Tuesday, March 22, 2011

pictures too big for blog

Since I am NOT a big fan of downsizing my digital pictures,
look to facebook for my Hawaii pictures.
If you are not on FB, you will continue to be my source of
motivation :)
Aloha!!
I learned a couple of things while I was visiting paradise:
1. Aloha has three different meanings
hello, goodbye and I love you. They never say "goodbye" because
the word "goodbye" to them means forever and they know that
we will all see each other again someday.
2. everybody (meaning Polynesians) calls everybody 'cousin'. They are
the friendliest people I've ever met!
3. If you wear a flower in your hair behind your left ear = your taken/married;
right ear = single and looking; in the back, center = taken, but willing and on both sides= confused, not sure. The way you wear your flower speaks more than you know hahaha.
4. if you can pronounce the vowels the right way, you can say most anything in hawaiian
a = ah
e = eh
i = ee
0 = oh
u = ew
5. People that live there love to brag about Obama and Elvis! It's hilarious!!

Anyway, until later...Aloha!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip in paradise. I love the photos you took, you looked so happy in all of them, and why wouldn't you! Thanks for sharing them.

Lori said...

Just looked at all your pictures ... gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!! Oh my goodness, what a fun trip. I'm most jealous of the coconut shaved ice ... my mouth is still salivating. Wow!!!

LL said...

I loved your pictures--such a FUN trip for you guys!