Geez, sorry for all the collages that you'll
be looking at. It's the only way I could get
my pictures to download without having
to resize them.
(remember you can click on them to make them bigger)
Hawaii was a blast! It was a wonderful
vacation that could have only been better
if my sweets would have been with me.
But we all know that a bunch of girls
can have A LOT of fun!
Below is my favorite walkway in
Waikiki. It is lined with palm trees and
has a little stop to get a
smoothie or shaved ice
before making your way to the
beautiful beach!
On our first day playing in the ocean
my mom and I had gone about
100 feet from the shore and a HUGE
turtle swam right next to us. It was so
awesome and kinda scary at the same time.

One day we hiked Diamond Head and what
a hike that was!! Holy cow! The start was a nice
paved trail that turned into dirt path and finally
made its way into stairs. A LOT of stairs!
Let's just say that my heart was racing
and I had to stop and take a break
before reaching the top.
But it was all worth it. The view from above
was amazing.
After the hike we went to the
farmer's market to get some lunch
and experience a little of what the
locals had to offer.

The pictures below are at Turtle Beach. We were there
a couple of days after the Tsunami so the
water was still pretty rough which kept the
turtles from coming ashore :(
Turtles or not, the beach was beautiful.

On our Eco Island Circle tour
my mom talked our wonderful tour guide
into making an "unscheduled hush, hush"
stop at Ted's bakery so we could
get a piece of their famous
coconut chocolate creme pie.
It was D.lish! I've come to realize that I
like coconut flavor, just not
actual coconut. It's a texture thing.
Our guides payment for making the stop...
a piece of pie for himself.

We went to Waimea Falls!!
The walk to get to it was through the
beautiful Waimea Botanical Gardens.
The mimosa trees are just breathtaking!
They are like giant umbrellas. Loved them.
I had the guts to get into the pool. I would usually
NEVER do anything like this, but in Hawaii
if you don't know this already,
there are NO SNAKES! That is where
my comfort level kicked in.
The water was
freezing, but I warmed up to it pretty quick.
It was a lot of work to make it over to the
waterfall...but it was fun work.

We also snorkeled at Hanauma Bay
and I had some pretty
good pictures turn out from my
underwater camera, but my scanner isn't working.
For the first time in my life I actually had
a panic attack. When I got up the umph to
just do it, I went underwater and kind of
freaked out. It just isn't normal to be underwater
and to be able to breath. It took about 10 seconds
to get use to and then I was fine. It was pretty cool
to see the fish and anemones.
Just a side note if you ever go to O'ahu and want to
experience snorkeling. Don't go to Hanauma Bay.
The water was very cloudy.
It's because it's the #1 tourist snorkeling spot.
There are other places you can
go snorkeling around the island
that are better.
One night Shar, Mindy and I went
and it was a fabulous place to eat.
Then we walked around the
International Market, at times making heads
turn because of our goofiness.
The Monday before we left we
went to Pearl Harbor.
What a fabulous place to visit.
When we got over to the USS Arizona Memorial
you could really feel the aura of the
solemn and hallowed ground that it is.
I stood in front of the wall and read every
name on there. It took me about 10 minutes
and it took all I had to not shed a tear.
I had NO IDEA that oil still leaked from the
ship! Below one of the pictures is of a
"black teardrop". It was amazing.
In the harbor was USS Abraham Lincoln
getting ready to leave. The men were
"Manning the Rail". It was another unexpected and
wonderful thing to witness.
Loved Pearl Harbor.
The Might Mo
Where the papers were signed
and the war ended. At the time it was
docked in Tokyo, if I remember right.
So one of my cousins who had visited
Waikiki before told us we HAD to go
to Puka Dog...and we did.
It was interesting.
I chose to have Starfruit relish (in honor
of my sweet Kennedy who loves Starfruit)
and Likikoi mustard. It was sweet and
surprisingly good...but what was even better
was the Coco Beach shaved ice!
Coconut syrup topped with coconut creme.
Mmmm Mmmm GOOD
Back to the beach! I loved going to the beach.
I could have gone to Pearl Harbor and spent
the rest of the time at the beach and I
would have been happy as a lark.
The sounds of the waves crashing against
the shore and all of the interesting people
adorning the beach
are enough to keep me content and busy.
The horse...Kennedy surprised me by putting
her horse in my suitcase. So I took him
to the beach with me. I got some
strange looks and smiles. I looked back
at them like "you'd never understand"
The last day there we had ALL day. We didn't
fly out until 10:15 pm. So...we went to the Zoo!
It was fun. I think by this time we were REALLY
missing our kids. It told Kennedy and Conner
that I found them. There were a lot
of cute monkeys swinging around.
You'll see where they get their monkey-ness
from below...hahahha.
One last walk on the beach. My mom wanted to
jump into the waves so bad! There were guys there
skimboarding (I think that's right?). They were totally
entertaining to watch.
Though I missed my little family like crazy,
it was a perfectly wonderful time.
O'ahu is a beautiful island that I would
definitely visit again.
Thanks everyone for the great time!
And especially thanks to mom and dad...
you two are making it almost impossible for me
to ever be able to repay you for all the goodness
you've brought to my life.
Love you both so much!








6 comments:
Such great pictures! I am glad you had such a good time. Hawaii is really a paradise. Dusty couldn't believe that there were no spouses. :) And I'm glad you didn't get swept away by any tsunamis. Seriously.
I will be looking at these pics and collages again, and again, and again, and again ...
I'm so glad you got to go ... and so glad you had such a wonderful time!!!
Looks like so much fun! I would have a hard time missing my kids too! You are so lucky!
Love that I have a story to go with the pictures now. What a great girl's trip. Now when you go with Rob you'll know all the things to do.
I love that Kennedy gave you her horse.
i just LOVE all these pictures.
so great! I'm glad you were safe and had such a fun time!
Post a Comment