So after a couple of days, I've realized
a few things I forgot to share
from my trip to Paradise.
We got there late Tuesday evening and the next
morning we had our
It was awesome!
I was so impressed with this place. All the performers
are students at BYU Hawaii and they earn
their tuition by being a part of all the shows that
go on at the PCC.
I learned quite a bit.
There are six Polynesian Islands.
Hawaii
Fiji
Tahiti
Tonga
Samoa and
Aotearoa (New Zealand).
Each had it's own "village" and you would
go and they would teach about their
customs, cultures and way of life!
It was so neat!
Unfortunately I did not charge my camera
so when we got there I had a dead battery :(
So no pictures from the PCC. I know sad...so sad.
Thanks to Shar, I have this picture.

So Thursday night we turned in earlier
than normal because we were planning on getting
up and going to the temple early the next morning.
We got to our room, turned on the TV to the
local news and went into a little bit of shock.
They were reporting of an earthquake that
took place in Japan and now Hawaii was under
a Tsunami watch!!! Really!! On our vacation!!
We were a little freaked out. The only fear that
came over me was if this really happens how long
is it going to take for me to get back home to my family??
The hotel management came around and told us of
the plan to evacuate up when the time came.
All 15 of us gathered in one room and
my uncle offered a prayer of comfort.
We were up ALL night! ALL NIGHT!
Waiting for the dreadful 3:15 am to hit and
see what would really happen.
In the end...not a lot happened. Thank goodness.
before we didn't want it to ruin our plans.
We still made it to the temple the
next day. We were tired, but going to the temple
wasn't something we wanted to miss.
We hopped on The Bus (yes, public transportation)
and after a transfer and 75 minutes we were there!
The temple and the grounds were gorgeous!
After we went through a session we went
down to the cafeteria and enjoyed a
yummy curry dish and then headed
back out to the bus stop to wait for our ride.
We were very proud of ourselves when we made
it back to Waikiki safe and sound.
(Local transportation doesn't have the best
reputation, but it wasn't bad. I think it's
the best way to really experience life and people there)
Needless to say there was
Never a dull moment in our vacation.
We were busy going here and going there.
It was absolutely
WONDERFUL!

2 comments:
LOVE IT! The pictures make me want to go back....SOON!
So glad you guys were kept safe during the tsunami. YIKES
I would really love to go to the PCC, I've heard so many wonderful things about it. I am so glad that the tsunami didn't bother you on your trip.
Post a Comment