Monday, February 27, 2012

sad times...

Just got to get it off my chest...

A couple of weeks ago we had a  tragedy in my mom's family.  
A cousin of mine passed away, by his own doing.
It has been a struggle for everyone, but mostly his
dear parents and sisters. As you can imagine,
they miss him dearly.

It is not fun going to funerals,
but it is especially hard when it is family.
I've been beating myself up
over the last couple of weeks because
I just didn't know the right words to say.
To comfort them.
To show my love for them.

A few nights ago when I couldn't sleep these words came to my mind:

When you can't think of the
right words to say,
It's okay. Just stay silent.
In that moment, let your hearts
speak to each other.
For hearts will always
understand one another.

That has helped me and also the following that a family member shared:

I would just like everyone to know how thankful I am for a Heavenly Father whose love is so all encompassing and unconditional that I don't think as mortals we comprehend it. It's bounds have no beging and no end. 
HE IS LOVE.
To my family I would like to express my LOVE for you, It warms my heart to see you all pulling together, LOVING and supporting each other. I believe that Brian entered Heaven safely in the arms of that all encompassing unconditional love. We will be sad to not have you in our presence for a time but we know your in safe and loving hands till we meet again.


We never know what life is going to throw our way.
I just want to say how grateful I am for the 
gospel and the knowledge we have of eternal
families.  That when life ends here on earth,
it is not the end, but merely the beginning.


1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Lindsey. This was beautiful though ... and I couldn't agree more. Beautifully put. Again, I'm sorry.