Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sick Day

Yesterday Conner wasn't feeling the greatest, so he and I 
stayed home from work and school.  Sunday my neighbor lent 
me a book she got for Christmas.  
While Conner was either watching cartoons,
playing Xbox or sleeping I curled up
on the couch with my cozy reading blanket,
diet cherry Pepsi and read away.
Cover to cover in 3 hours. What a great book.
What an inspiring story.
If you are looking for a book to read,
I would totally recommend this one.

For me, it caused some deep self reflection.
Would I be able to do what Chris did?
I don't think anybody really knows how they will react to
a situation or circumstance until it is at hand.
But I believe there are ways you can be prepared...
like Chris was.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love a good book recommend ... especially from YOU. I'll have to look into this one. Sorry your sweet Conner was sick. Hope he's back in tip top shape soon.