Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guess This Book

This is a quote from one of my favorite books. The title of the book will be in my comments.

But this sense of equanimity toward all others is not seen as an end in itself. Rather, it is seen as the springboard to a love still greater. Because our capacity for empathy is innate, and because the ability to reason is also an innate faculty, compassion shares the characteristics of consciousness itself.

Here are the directions.
1. Pick up one of you all time favorite books (with at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag three people.

I tag anyone who wants to do this.

5 comments:

{Lindsey} said...

The book is "Ethics For The New Millennium" by the Dalai Lama
I enjoy reading his books, they are uplifting and share such simple ways in which we can be happy and loving towards ALL mankind.

Jess said...

I've never read anything by the Dalai Lama, but I think I will now. Yes, we had fun at the couple's party. It was good to get out and see everyone. Dusty enjoyed playing the Newly Wed game again. Sharing too much information as usual! Kiki is short for Nicolette. It started out as Nikki then morphed. She likes being called Kiki lots better though, and tells us she is going to change her name when she's 18... we'll see. Bronwyn was just a name that my Mom fell in love with. I miss seeing you everywhere! How's Rob liking his new job?

Bon said...

I haven't read anything from the Dalai Lama either~ But it does spark my interest and sound like something I would enjoy!

Library here I come!!

Miss you

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

What beautiful language! I fell in love with it instantly! I'll have to get it. Thanks for sharing.

Erin Bingham said...

I will have to read it. I am always looking for something good to read.