A couple of weeks ago Kennedy's 1st grade class took a field trip to Harmon's. They got a tour of the whole store and she was so excited about it. She came away with her most favorite part being the tropical fruit...fruit that comes from other countries. She has always had a love for anything stars, starfish, star gazing, shooting stars, etc. so when she saw a fruit called 'Starfruit' she was beside herself. She came home that day and begged me to take her back so she could show me this fruit that was so awesome because when you cut it, it looked just like stars. Eventually we took a trip to Harmon's and bought one for her. We brought it home, sliced it and ate it. The kids loved it...me not so much. It was not sweet at all but tart and has a texture similar to pears.
They gobbled it up and now she can say that she has had starfruit.


Conner and I had an outing to Town Square with some friends this last week.
We had so much fun and we can't wait to go back!
We love it there. The kids have
a blast playing and the mommy's get to sit and chat to their hearts content.
We will visit there many more times this summer and eventually
I will be going in my swimming suit and playing in the water
with them!


They gobbled it up and now she can say that she has had starfruit.
Conner and I had an outing to Town Square with some friends this last week.
We had so much fun and we can't wait to go back!
We love it there. The kids have
a blast playing and the mommy's get to sit and chat to their hearts content.
We will visit there many more times this summer and eventually
I will be going in my swimming suit and playing in the water
with them!
11 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I wish there was something similar here. I miss having you at our girl nights (although we haven't had one in a long time). It's always the best to chat. Miss you!
I've never had starfruit. We'll have to try it. It looks so nice there in St. George. What a fun place to play.
How fun! I can't ever get my kids to try new fruits, they are so picky. The park looks like a lot of fun.
That fruit is so cool, I will go buy one! I wonder if our Harmon's has it..???
I love how active you guys are! You are an inspiration to me.
One day I will become active again-hopefully soon;) those water parksare fun- why didn't they have them when I wasd little? Miss ya
My girls LOVED that water park for the short time we were there...I miss it! I miss my mornings at the bus stop with you!
Love that water park. We had good times there, didn't we?
I am not a fan a star fruit either... ;)
SOOOO cute about the starfruit! ... and what an adorable pic of her holding it. Jared loves starfruit, I'm with you though. Town Square looks SO fun. I've seen pics of it on other friend's blogs ... i keep saying this, but one of these days we're going to have to take a LONG stop in St. George on our way up to SLC. Hope you guys are doing well ... brace yourself for the heat ... it sounds like it's coming!!! =)
What a fun place. Where is that? You are such a good mom. The fruit almost looks like a pepper! HA! I have never seen one of those!
Hi, Lindsey! Ever since I had Brycen I've been a terrible blog reader and an even worse commenter. So I just read through your whole first page! Congrats on Rob doing a triathlon--that's amazing!!! And good job and beating your running record. I'm hoping that once I have permission to exercise again I can start doing some running myself! I love that town center place in St. George--can't wait to take my kids down there!
I've seen starfruit in the store before but never cut up! My kids would love it!
How fun! Let's go there sometime!
Post a Comment