Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Times

My parents came to visit us this weekend. We had a fabulous time with them, as always. Friday night we went to Pirate Island Pizza...we were all pleasantly surprised at how nice it is and how good the food is and of course the kids liked playing all the games after we ate. I had heard that it was similar to Chuck E. Cheese, but it outdoes the mouse by far! It's definitely on our list of places to take visitors from now on. Saturday we went to Red Cliffs for a little, let me stress 'a little', cooler weather and some fun play time. To our surprise we ended up playing with (and getting pinched by) crawdads. The kids (and my dad who was having more fun than them) thought it was great! Saturday night 'the girls' went downtown and got some famous cupcakes from twentyfive Main Cafe. Sunday morning my mom and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication which was a beautiful service and then they were on their way home. Their visit was short but super sweet.
Thanks again for coming Mom and Dad...we love you and miss you already.

After they left Kennedy and I hit the kitchen to make pretzels and boy were they good!

Enjoy the pics (and click on the collages to make them bigger).





7 comments:

Bon said...

Finally I got to catch up on some blogs. I love reading yours Linds. Your kids are so beautiful and looks like you have been enjoying summer as you should! Miss you~

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with your parents. We've been to Red Cliffs many times...we love that place.

Those pretzels do look scrumptious...I'll have to get the recipe!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

Such a great hostess! My fam comes and we sit around... Aren't crawdads fun! You are great. Miss ya

Kim said...

How fun, and your pretzel looks yummy! Kennedy is getting so big! I can't believe how fast our little girls are growing up.

Jill said...

Post the pretzel recipe, right now! LOL :)

Leslie said...

RECIPE!!!

Norris Fam said...

I miss those cupcakes from 25 main! I could eat their frosting plain...