Saturday, December 12, 2009

One HaPpY Saturday

Today was a fun day for us. We started it off by going to Chuck-a-rama for lunch...I know, I know...we just wanted to go somewhere that we haven't been yet in this lovely city of StG and that's where we ended up. It turned out to be better than expected. Conner enjoyed it because he could "go back and forth, back and forth and get ALL the food you wanted!" I didn't like it for that exact reason!! Talk about overeating.

After we filled our tummies we headed off to the movie theater to see The Princess and a Frog. Cute, cute show...however, with the fidgiting kiddos, well maybe just one kiddo, we were reminded of why we usually wait for movies to come to DVD.

Once we got home we pulled out the Gingerbread House kit. The kids always enjoy this annual Christmas tradition (of course, because they eat more candy than what they put on the house)...mom could use more patience during the building process, but all in all it always turns out great.


Take note of Mr. Goofball in the background


I can't leave a post on this day without wishing my wonderful Mom-in-law a very HaPpY bIrThDaY! We are so blessed to have you in our lives.
You are a beautiful person, a fabulous mom and a terrific grandma. We love you VERY much.

8 comments:

Parkin Family said...

I love those kits! You guys did awesome!!!

Amber said...

the house turned out so cute...I hear you on the patience thing...I'm a little (OK, alot) ocd!,it's hard to just let my kids go at it! but, very fun!

Emily said...

My kids love Chuck-o-Rama for the exact same reason! :) I tolerate it!

The house turned out cute...I hear you on the patience thing! I could use a dose of that.;)

LL said...

sounds like a PERFECT day...can't wait to take my daughter to that movie!

Jill said...

note to self: buy a gingerbread kit, thanks, I almost forgot. :) So cute.

QB Family said...

Your house turned out so festive! Ya, our kiddos ate more candy than what went on, so they were a little WIRED!

Lori said...

What a fun day!!! Love the gingerbread houses ... SO cute! Good to see that our favorite St. George residents are doing well ... =)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great day! You have more patience than me. At least you did one. I didn't even attempt one this year:)