Kennedy LOVES the water
and enjoys swimming!
She has completed three years
(four levels) of swim lessons, so
this year we signed her up for a
swim team.
It started this last week and
will go until the end of July!
She is learning how to do ALL
the different strokes,
swimming lap after lap
for 50 straight minutes!
The first day I had a
"proud mommy moment"
as I was watching her swim
back and forth
over and over and over again.
The second day, she
quietly and sweetly confided
in me that "this was becoming
quite a challenge for her"
I acknowledged her feelings,
told her she was doing awesome!
and encouraged her by letting her
know that the more she does
it the easier it will get.
She quickly agreed with me.
She told me this morning that
she felt like The Little Engine
That Could. She said
when she is swimming,
all she can do is THINK.
Telling herself that she
CAN do it.
I am so happy for her!
(She is the one in the lead with the green cap on)
9 comments:
What a spectacular little girl. I only hope that some day Abigail will have the same courage and determination that her cousin Kennedy does. We are so very proud of her for taking on the challenge. Love you Kennedy.
GOOD FOR HER!
I love her attitude. SO CUTE!
That's awesome! Swimming is the only way to beat the St. George (and Vegas) summer heat!
What a great little girl you have, and she is lucky to have such a great Mom! What a fun activity for her to do this summer.
Way to go Kennedy!!! I'm so proud of her ... what an amazing little swimmer, such great strokes! Wish we could have been there in person to cheer her on. =)
WOW! Way to go Kennedy! I love her positive attitude! That's a great thing to have! You are such a great mom Lindsey...I think I need some lessons from you...until then, I am thankful for your example!
50 minutes = Ironman for kids. Just like her dad :) Kennedy, love the hair!
I love swim lessons - seeing them get better and better each week just makes your heart grow! She is a little mermaid!
Kennedy watched your race. I'm so, proud of you!! You are a fantastic swimmer!! Love You Grandma Cossson
Post a Comment