Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I consider myself pretty diverse when
it comes to music. I will listen to anything,
except for rap. One of my all time
favorite groups is the
Dixie Chicks.

The following is a video of a song
that I really like.
It reminds me of someone
near and dear to my heart
and it brings me to tears
just about every time I hear it.

Natalie Maines gives a little introduction
to the song that the video didn't capture.
She said "This is my favorite song on the
album. It's sung from the perspective of
a man who has passed on and he's looking
back at his life wishing he'd done things
differently and treated the people in it
a little better."


It probably brings me to tears
one: because it makes me think
of a certain person, but
two: it makes me think of my own
life and helps me remember to
treat those I love better.
We are all going to have some regrets,
BUT while we are still lucky
and blessed to be alive
we can make a conscious effort
to not have any regrets.


1 comment:

Parkin Family said...

Loved this song - it was one I have not heard before and I really like the Dixie Chicks! Thanks for sharing.