Thursday, December 09, 2010

Gingerbread House 2010

This year was not any different than
any other year. When it comes time to
decorate THE Gingerbread House, I dread it!
You ask then, Why do I do it??
I do it with the kids
because they look forward to it, they
like it and I love to see them happy.
This year was different.
It was actually enjoyable.
No fights, no bickering.
It.was.delightful.
I think often of how sad it
is that time passes so quickly
and how my kids are growing up,
BUT
there are definitely good things that
come with getting older and bigger.

In my mind, they'll be my little kids forever.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I can totally relate to the dreading it part...so now we make smaller graham cracker houses...and they each get to do their own...
They love it...and I actually enjoy it too! Your's turned out really cute...glad it was enjoyable.

Parkin Family said...

They are so cute! They sure are getting bigger. I relate to that....my 12 year old...so many things I can't believe and so many things I love too!

Lori said...

Your gingerbread house is ADORABLE! You're so right though, I can see how there would be definite perks to having kids that are old enough not to make the whole constructing of the gingerbread house a living nightmare for ALL involved. I'm afraid we're still there, but I do look forward to the day when the whole experience could be a pleasant one. Those two each have the CUTEST smiles! And you look fantastic, as per usual. Happy Weekend to the Cosson Clan!

Bon said...

What a fun family tradition! You are such a good mom!

Kim said...

It turned out so cute! I'm glad that it went better for you this year. I'm still debating on wether or not we'll do ours for the same reasons.
Thanks for the Christmas card, love the family picture!!

Lori said...

Thinking of you right now Lindsey as we're doing our Gingerbread House as a family and it's going about exactly how I thought it would go ... which is exactly the opposite of how your peaceful and wonderful Gingerbread House making experience went. =)