"Let's start with the unavoidable fact: If I had special knowledge
about how to avoid adversities, about how to spot the
pitfalls of life, I would spot them, I would avoid them, and I would share
how it is I had managed that. I do not. I have a lot of experience in
getting up after I have been knocked down, but clearly, I do not know
anything about avoidance. We all tumble and fall. I certainly have,
but in truth it is going to happen, in some degree, to all of us.
Oh, maybe everyone we care about will live to attend
our funerals. Maybe everyone whom you love and who loves you
will be loyal to you in every way for everyday of your life.
Or maybe not."
I just recently finished this book
and I reeeeeally liked it.
Elizabeth Edwards was an amazing person
who was handed A LOT (and no, not just
her husband's infidelity) in her short life.
Things I pray never happen to me
or anyone that I know.
Anyway, if you have time,
you should read it.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing about the book. I'm always looking for good books to read. This one sounds like my type.
I am so glad you shared this. I really always liked her...I think I'd love this book.
She really had a lot to deal with, I remember listening to her talk about her sons death. Amazing lady.
Post a Comment