A couple of weeks ago Rob's friend Tyson asked us to go
on a canyoneering excursion with him. A little reluctant, I agreed.
A HUGE thanks to my sweet mom who drove down to be with the kids.
We wouldn't have been able to do it without you.
THANK YOU!
We started out just a normal hike.
About 20 minutes later we
came to a 300 foot drop off!
Nothing like starting off with a BANG!
Nothing like starting off with a BANG!
The biggest repel of the whole adventure
was the first one.
I look at the pictures and my heart starts
pounding and the nervousness
sets in as if I am getting
ready to do it again! It's crazy!
I still can't believe I did it.
I had many thoughts going through my head.
"I'm not going to live to see my 35th year..."
"Am I CRAZY!"
"I can do this. It's okay."
"Just keep breathing, just keep breathing."
To put total trust in a rope, a harness, a karabiner
and an ATC to keep me from falling to
my death was a little difficult.
I did it though and it was awesome!
And I didn't pee my pants!
It was such an awesome and exhilarating
feeling. It was tough getting off the edge.
I was scared, but amazed at how calm
I stayed.
I remember being about half way down,
looking down and thinking "dang, I've
come down so far, but I still have a long way
to the bottom."
I was pretty proud of myself.
I didn't shake or have feelings of "no way!
I'm not doing this!"
I was feeling good.
That was until a rattlesnake crossed
our trail. That's when I just about lost it.
No, not a 300 foot cliff...a rattlesnake!
Needless to say we were all fine and
about 1/2 hour after seeing it, I
stopped shaking and was okay.
So, enough babbling...
Here's a video and pictures.
Enjoy!
The first thing I did was looked down.
Rob on his descent

The rest of the repels were similar to this
The rattlesnake.
Tyson was in the lead and he stepped right over it!
Click on the pic to enlarge it
then look below the white writing
and you'll see it's tail!
I was terrified!

Still a ways to go...
The walk out (about 1 mile) was all sand.
It was pretty, but my legs are paying
for it now!
The Red Hollow Group

Me, Rob, Tyson, Kristin, Rob, Tunde and Jeff.
Oh and if the other Rob looks slightly familiar,
it might be because you watch
channel 4 news.
He's the nightly news anchorman.
It was a great time and
an awesome birthday!!
6 comments:
Loved the video - you are freaking awesome! You did so good. I have repeled one time off a little baby drop nothing like what you did but I remember going over the edge was so scary. That was a huge repel. What a way to celebrate your Birthday. Looks so fun! (And scary)
First thing, snakes freak me out too, so I probably would not have made it past. Secondly, I'm really glad you didn't pee your pants. That would have been embarassing. :) Thirdly, way to go girl! That is something I have never done. And probably will never do!
You are awesome! I have shown this to everyone in the office and half the people over at court. I am so proud of you!
You ROCK! ;-)
I would NEVER willingly go about such adventures. Glad you made it out in one piece.
Hope the birthday was HAPPY!
LOVE this Lindsey!!! You are amazing, and so brave and adventurous and lovely ... can we just let your adventure be my adventure, because I would NEVER!!! =) Congrats, rock star!
Holy Cow!!! I can't believe you did that...the video alone made my palms sweaty. All I can say is that you're more brave than me...you're awesome!!
Post a Comment