Monday, June 04, 2012

XXXVI

Thirty six years ago today I was born
to parents who thought I was going to be
a boy and were pleasantly surprised when
I came out a girl.  My mom wanted to
name me Angela, but since a neighbor
girl was born the November before
and was given that name, they chose
Lindsey instead.  Which I think is
fitting since my mom's name is Lynda.
Similar, right?
I don't know if  the following is true or a story I made
up, but I like to think I was named after the
popular Bionic Woman of the 70s...
Lindsay Wagner.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how grateful I am for
my life.  From the beginning up until now,
thirty-six years later,
it has been a fabulous life.
I was blessed with wonderful parents.
My prince charming entered my life
and has made my life a good one ever since.
My kids, oh my kids.  How I love them so.
I've been blessed with fantastic in-laws
and my friends...I can't imagine my life without
all my dear friends.
My life thus far has been a wonderful journey and 
I look forward to the next 36 years!

I may not have everything I want, but I have everything I need
and that makes me happy!

Here are 36 things that make me happy!

1. my love
2. my kids
3. my families
4. my friends
5. my sound mind
6. I have feet that like to run
7. I know that I am a child of God
8. Cafe Rio
9. facebook birthday wishes
10. phone call/text b-day wishes
11. a lot of people smiled at me in Wal-mart today
12. chocolate
13. my kids are thoughtful and decorated for my b-day
while I was on my morning run
14. my friend brought me a JJ sandwich and had lunch with me
15. I have happy memories to think back on
16. Rob got me "crazy stupid love" and I get to watch it tonight with him
17. We live in a beautiful city in a simple and nice home
18. Conner loves to be tickled
19. Kennedy loves to give me hugs
20. I know that I have loved ones looking down on me
and watching out for me
21. I have what I need
22. music
23. bodycology's wild poppy lotion and body spray
24. flowers
25. books
26. book recommendations
27. I've been blessed with many good examples in my life
28. when people call me by a nickname
29. skype
30. inspiring movies
31. serving others
32. San Francisco
33. I know I am loved
34. being a wife and mother
35. the sunshine
36. the smell of wet cement

life is good!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you had a good day! I'm glad that I can call you my friend. You were always there when we need you in SA. Happy Birthday, you deserve all your happiness!