So I saw this on pinterest and it totally
brought back a memory for me.
Though I would not be caught dead in leather,
fashion or not,
it was a different story when I was 13.
Hahaha!
I about gave my grandma Thomson a heart attack.
I about gave my grandma Thomson a heart attack.
We always got a surprise Christmas present from grandma and grandpa,
but this one particular year grandma decided to
let each of her sweet grandchildren go through the
JCPenney Catalog and choose one thing
under 50 dollars.
I looked and looked and what I settled on
was a shock to grandma and I think actually made her
regret the decision she had made.
I chose a black leather skirt.
Not something a conservative grandma wants to
see on her 13 year old grand daughter.
After a lot of persuasion from mom and grandma
to keep looking because surely, in that HUGE catalog,
there was something other
than a BLACK (I still don't understand why black clothing was so
taboo back then??) leather skirt that I would want,
I settled. That's what I wanted and no one was going to change my mind.
She actually let me get it!
What a great grandma I have! Love her to pieces!
I wore it proudly!!
I forgot to send lunch money with Kennedy today.
She came home and told me that she had to earn her lunch today
by wiping down tables when she was done eating!
She literally worked for her food!!
AND she did it with a good attitude!!
I loved hearing this.
Some kids would have been embarrassed or humiliated,
but not my girl!
Such a good worker!
Love her!!
I forgot to send lunch money with Kennedy today.
She came home and told me that she had to earn her lunch today
by wiping down tables when she was done eating!
She literally worked for her food!!
AND she did it with a good attitude!!
I loved hearing this.
Some kids would have been embarrassed or humiliated,
but not my girl!
Such a good worker!
Love her!!

No comments:
Post a Comment