Monday, December 10, 2007

Our FUN Weekend

This last weekend we went up north to visit family. We were so lucky to be able to attend 3 different occasions. Friday night was the big Cosson Christmas party. We all get together to visit and of course eat. Uncle Jeff always provides the meat and oh how wonderful it is. He smokes, cooks, roasts all different kinds all day and then we get to fill our tummies with it...YUM. Santa always makes sure he stops by to give each child a small gift. As you can see in the slide show, Conner was not wanting anything to do with Santa but he sure loved what he gave him!
Saturday morning was the Thomson Christmas party. Aunt Sue decided to make it a early morning pajama party, since it is a tradition that we always eat breakfast. It was fun as always. Great Grandma Thomson got each child a blanket (since they were in their jammies).
Saturday afternoon was very special. Rob's mom, Paula, is turning 60 on Wednesday. Her yearly birthday tradition is to go to The Roof (the restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Bldg.). So all the kids and spouses (except for Rob's younger brother and wife who live in West Yellowstone & couldn't make it because of the weather) decided it would be fun to surprise her and be there to eat with her and dad. WOW, was she surprised. It was great to see the look on her face! I thought she would cry, but no it was just me, the baby, (it was just tears, no wailing or anything like that) and dad that couldn't hold back. Definitely an unforgettable occasion...wish you could have been there Paul and Jamie.
So anyway, that about wraps it up other than the kids got to open their presents from Grandmas and Grandpas since we won't be there on Christmas. It was pretty fun for them...just warming up.

1 comment:

Bon said...

I am so glad you had so much fun, and glad to know I am not the only baby! I cry a lot around family it seems!:) I wish I could head North for a visit1 I am starting to get homesick! It has been since JULY!!!