Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thanks...Dove Dark Chocolates

As many of you know Dove Dark Chocolates are my weakness. I lllloooovvvvveeee them!
I sat down to enjoy a few and on the inside of two of them their messages got me reminiscing.
The first one said "Spending time is a greater gift than spending money". I have a cousin, Cassi Thomson, that in 1991 brought joy to the Thomson family. My aunt and uncle had been trying for some time to get pregnant and just couldn't. They got a call and were told that a little girl was going to be born soon and they had been chosen to be the adopted parents. They traveled to St. George, Utah to be there for her birth on December 14th. That year for Christmas we all decided that no gifts were going to be given because she was a special gift, not only to my uncle and aunt, but to all of us. She has grown to be a beautiful young woman who celebrated her sweet 16 this last weekend. I am grateful to her for the gift that she gave me, helping me at a young age to know that Christmas can be joyful and fun without spending money and having presents to exchange.
The second chocolate read "If old acquaintances be forgot, give them a call and remember". I didn't actually call an old acquaintance, fate stepped in on this one. This last time we were up north, my mom and I decided at 10:00 p.m. that we needed some sausage for breakfast the next morning, so off to Wal-mart we went. While there I saw a good ol' friend from high school/post high school that I haven't seen since...well forever. It was so great to see her. She is still just as sweet as can be. We have lost touch over the years, but there are such great memories we shared together she will always be in my heart.

Kids Update:
~Kennedy lately has been asking to take candy to school. When I asked her why she told me that when one of her friends gets their feelings hurt she helps them feel better by telling them that she will bring them candy. What a SWEET girl!
~Conner loves his down time. When he is sleepy, he lets you know. Lately when I pick him up to take him to his bed he looks at the Christmas tree and says nigh, nigh star...nigh, nigh santa caus...nigh, nigh noman...it is the cutest thing. He's making up his own version of Good Night Moon.

2 comments:

Bon said...

That was a good post. It made me cry! You are so sweet Linds! Kennedy is such a sweet girl. Savanah is excited to get together with her soon!

Love ya
Bon

{Lindsey} said...

Hey Bonnie
I just wanted to say thanks for being my dedicated blog looker ater.
Your a great friend!
ooo
Lindsey