Kennedy asked yesterday "What holiday is it mom?"
Mom responds "It isn't a holiday."
Kennedy "Well, if it is not a holiday then why am I not going to school?" (sassy tone of voice used)
I explained to her the Christmas break, but I get the feeling that she won't really enjoy this until later years.
She has been having a lot of fun having friends over and going to her friends homes to play. We have stayed pretty busy, but lets face it...she really likes school (and I am good with that).
Since the first of December I have kept myself busy reading books. I read "True Believers" and "At First Sight", both by Nicholas Sparks. And today just finished up "The Old Man and The Sea". The first of the first two books was okay, the second one (a sequel) was much better...however, both just the typical NS drama/trauma/love stories. The Hemingway book was kind of drawn out, but I think that is kind of the point to some of the story. It is about love, patience, struggles, power of mind, etc. I enjoyed it and will probably read it again. It feels like one of those books that you could get more out of if you read it more than once. While I have been reading, Rob has been fully enjoying the x-box he got for Christmas.
Conner loves his dump truck Santa brought him and loves building tall towers with his mega blocks.
Thanks Santa for all the FUN stuff!!!
1 comment:
h fun with Kennedy here! I wish I would have thought to get pictures of Beau pulling them around. We definitely need to get them together again! Sounds like you guys have been having fun with your gifts. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Bon
Post a Comment