Monday, January 28, 2008

A Tribute to a Beloved Prophet


A day that I knew would eventually come, but never wanted it to, came yesterday. Being 97 years of age, knowing of his age, it still hit hard. I've known for a long time that the day President Gordon B. Hinckley died would be devastating. However, a smile does creep upon my face when I think of him and his sweet wife being reunited after almost 4 years of being apart. This man of God was simply amazing. In the 12 years he served as the Prophet and President of the Church, he has done more for the church than any other (except for Joseph Smith who restored the Church). In his time he made it so that there are now more than 100 temples throughout the world, he was more open with the media than any other prophet. His work, as the longest serving Prophet, will never be forgotten as well as his wonderful and funny sense of humor! I think that is how he connected with so many people, through his sense of humor and always cracking joke.
The church will go on, another Prophet will be called by God, I know this. But my heart will ache for some time over the loss this great man and Prophet.

1 comment:

Bon said...

I am glad so many people blogged about their feelings about our Prophet! It is touching to read and wonderful to share!