Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wow! What A Day...

We are excitedly expecting my brother and his family to visit this weekend. Kennedy can not wait to see her cousins! She wanted her hair put into curlers so she could look pretty for them tomorrow.
I woke up this morning and went running...most days it is hard to get out of bed, but once I am over at the track I am glad I did. I came home and deep cleaned the apartment for 2 hours. After that hard work I decided that when Kennedy went to school and Conner went down for a nap I was going to pop myself some popcorn and watch a movie!!! And that is just what I did. It was nice and relaxing and must have been meant to be because Conner woke up just as the credits started scrolling on the screen.
When it was time I fixed dinner, made two loafs of banana bread, and after dinner made a cheesecake and then some pie dough so that tomorrow I can make an apple pie. Whew!! Yes, by the time I was done I was tired of being in the kitchen! If they don't like the meals we feed them, it will be made up by the desserts(I hope)! Like I said we are excited for them to come...Just a request from my fellow cedarites, if any of you have any tips on what we can do around Cedar in the winter please fill me in.
Change of subject...I am proud to say I have been carbonated beverage free for about 2 weeks now. It feels good to not rely on it so much. There were days when I would be at my wits end and I would be like JUST GET ME A PEPSI and I will be fine!! Luckily I haven't had the horrible caffeine headaches that I thought I would encounter...those are the worse.
All is good with the Kennedy and Conner, they are finally over their wretched colds they had.
Rob's Florida friend, Sam Mills, has a daughter, Sierra, that went into surgery this morning to have her kidney along with a cancerous tumor removed. She has been in our thoughts and prayers all day and any of you who would pray for her also, I am sure would be much appreciated.
Well, it is almost time for the season premiere of Eli Stone. I'll give it a chance and see if it is any good.

3 comments:

Bon said...

I hope you are having fun with your guests! You got so much accomplished! I was lucky to get out of bed at all this week! HA!

Bon said...

P.S. What is your secret for the headaches- I have tried to quit twice by the headaches are unbearable and turn into raging migraines where I loose my vision! Help- I do want to stop drinking pop! Sad I know! I must really be addicted!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

I am so impresssed. From one Betty Crocker to another, that is one heck of a load you put on yourself and I am sure that it was all so good. Miss you guys! It looks like you had a great time with your family.