So this morning I about died when I walked into the bathroom after climbing out of bed and looked in the mirror. Staring back at me, slightly hiding behind the frames of my glasses were....bags under my eyes!!! Seriously, like droopy bags! Dang! You know you're getting old when you have BAGS under your eyes. I felt pretty rested, so it wasn't due to lack of sleep. I hadn't had a caffienated beverage for two days, so it couldn't have been from dehydration. Seriously, it was bad. I mean I have gentle reminders that I'm getting old when I pluck a gray strand here and there from my head...but come on.BAGS. What do I do?? I had recently read in a magazine to put a spoon in the freezer and then gently apply the spoon to the bags...that didn't work. Goodness, I just put my makeup on and I am ignoring any mirror that comes in my path.
What's it going to be next!!! Seriously, I don't want to know.
10 comments:
I hate the mirror too! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think though, you always look great in your pictures, and in person too! I've heard though, that you can use tea bags, or cucumber slices. I've never tried it so I don't know if they work, I'm like you and just put on some make up and hope it works.
Whatever...I don't believe a word of it! You beautiful-put-together-woman you! You don't look a day over 19 :)
I'm sure you are the only one who sees the bags. You are so beautiful and you sure don't look old to me!
It is true that you don't look old at all! And even if you did look old, which you don't, you would still be one fabulous rockin' mama!!
I don't have any suggestions, but I'm with ya on feeling old! But you have no worries...you're beautiful!! I think you are ageing gracefully!
Ok, I have had these for a few years, I don't know why it has to happen, but it does. I am with ya girlfriend. But, I just figure let's age gracefully...;0)
Ahhhh, welcome to my morning routine my friend!
1. Survey bags under eyes.
2. Pluck only the most obvious gray hairs.
3. Shake your head and just laugh off the fact that using a walker is most likely just around the corner.
Honestly though, I don't believe in your bags ... really, i don't. I'd have to see em' for myself, so as far as i'm concerned, the bags never happened =) p.s. not sure where my comments went, still trying to figure that one out ... the blog and i don't always see eye to eye ... which might explain why they up and left. Anyway, hope the Cosson's are having a very Happy New Year!!!
I'm with ya! I have the nice dark circles to go with the bags. My husband has a shaving mirror in the shower and when I glance over to it I wonder who is that wrinkled, dark circled lady staring back!!
So I think you are nuts. I asked my mom how old you are and I didn't believe it. I seriously thought we were closer in age. I have more wrinkles than you do hon....
I get bags every once in awhile just randomly, too. I heard a supermodel on TV once say that her #1 makeup/skincare tip of all time is to put vaseline under and above her eyes every night before bed. I've been doing it, but not consistently enough to see a solid difference--but it does feel good!
Post a Comment