WaRnInG: this is going to be long, but enjoy with us the great week we had! We love visiting family and the whole week was topped off with all of us bleeding more RED than we were before (if that's even possible)...
We got up to my parents late Monday night and the kids had a terrific time playing in all the white stuff the next day.
We spent New Year's Eve with Rob's family. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and then went back to his parent's for a fabulous party. We had fun with RockBand, a gingerbread house and just enjoying being around one another.
Thursday we took the kids to see 'The Tale of Despereaux'. They LOVED it! This was Conner's FIRST time going to a movie and he did wonderful! He was tired, but the movie was too good, he didn't want to fall asleep. I can't wait to get the book for the kids...such a good message about forgivness and how the way you act can affect more people than you know!
And then comes Friday...the BiG gAmE DaY!! We went to the Training Table for lunch (one of our most absolute favorite places to eat) and then took a little trip to the U of U bookstore. We each got a shirt, Conner got a ball and Kennedy got some pom poms...We were READY for the game! The kids played and cheered while we watched the game on a HUGE projector screen (thanks Kim and Mitch!). During half time we enjoyed the most delicious sugar cookied from Schmidt's Bakery! (thanks again Kim!)We about blew the roof off the house with all the hoopin and hollerin we were doin!!! What a GrEaT game!!!
Today, Saturday, we headed home...sad to leave family behind, but seriously not sad to leave the snow behind! We had a great time and we want to tell our families how much we love them and appreciate them ALL!
Back to the routine of things on Monday...wish it didn't have to end.
Hope everyone has a fantastic new year filled with blessings and joy!
16 comments:
glad you were able to go spend the week with family, that's always fun.
I'm ESPECIALLY glad the U won :)
Such a great game!!!
Even though I am a BYU fan, it was good to see the Utes win. It was a good game, and they played great. Looks like lots of fun times.
What a fun weekend! We watched the game also, it was amazing! Go UTES!
Wow! That sounds like a jammed packed time! And what a perfect way to spend the holiday's with family! I love all the pictures too!
I love the Utah shirts you even had for your kids. We were pretty excited too! I'm glad you had a great time. Don't forget there is snow in Cedar City too if you ever need to play in it.
So fun, it is always great to share time with fam, but when it is time to go home, it's kindof nice.. lol ;0)
Sounds like you had such a great week spent with family, the best kind of fun! Happy New Year!
I'm so jealous you left the snow behind. I'm already done with winter and it's just beginning! Can't say I loved the red shirts and all but I liked the idea:)
I didn't know you guys were such Ute fans, but we still like you anyways.... just kidding. I don't really care who's winning, and Dusty loves Utah.
Your kids are my favorite!! You guys looked like you had a great time. I'm trying to talk James into moving down there!! Cross your fingers. I think it is working.
Dan was so sad to be packing boxes instead of watching the game...we had some good times at the U!
I'm seriously missing our early morning bus stop visits :(
What a fun week! When we were in West Bountiful I was wishing I had your cell # with me. Oh, well
I'm so glad you had a good time with family.
Even though we are staunch BYU fans, we LOVED watching hte UTah game. THey did so awesome. LLoks like you guys had so much fun. I heard something about a temple trip? YOu'll have to let me know the details, HAns is a little vague with details like time and dates. Go figure!
The very last picture on there makes me very happy, but so sad to. I wish Abby was there having a good time with them. too. =.(...
What a great week you guys had ... sounds like tons of fun! We were so happy to see Utah win ... we normally cheer on the Cougars, so for Jared it was a bit of an out of body experience ... but he explained to me how in some way (football related, can't remember the details), it would benefit BYU if Utah won that game. So way to go UTES!!! =) Hope you guys are having a wonderful New Year.
So fun and such cute pictures too! Too bad Holidays can't last forever!
Post a Comment