Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Curious Conner

Today, just about 1 hour ago Conner and I got home from our morning errands. He wanted to watch Curious George while he ate lunch. So I turned it on for him and gave him some m&ms for his after lunch treat. I was in the other room reading when the peaceful quietness turned into complete and utter chaos. Conner just out of the blue started screaming a blood curdling scream. I ran in to see what was wrong. He had a horrified look on his face and told me that he had stuck an m&m up his nose!! Hmmm...I guess a little of Curious George rubbed off on him??? Well it hurt and he was in pain. I panicked...I called InstaCare and they said to bring him in. I did, but by the time we got checked in and the Dr. got to us (which was only 10 minutes) it had melted and dissolved. That's a nice $25 down the drain! Lesson learned...don't panic and use common sense. If I would have done that I wouldn't feel like an idiot right now and I wouldn't have wasted money! o-well, at least I know that he will be okay. Note to mothers...unless it is a peanut m&m, don't make the trip, save your money and ask your child what the m&m tasted like after it had gone through his nose down into his throat! LOL

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like your day has been fun:) Thanks for the good advice. I don't think it will take to long before Shaylie starts to experiment like that.

Kim said...

awww, I'm glad that it was an easy fix. Samantha put an olive up her nose once, how she got one up there is beyond me! Luckily I had her blow her nose really hard and it popped out! And how it came out I have no idea, the thing was HUGE! It was a good lesson for her though. ;)

Bon said...

Oh man! I probably would have done the same thing without thinking. Poor little guy. Hopefully he won't try that "trick" of putting something up there again though!:) Miss you!

Jill said...

Ok I am laughing so hard! I can't even breathe!! Too funny.

Margaret said...

My local instacare charges $175 for the simple extraction of small objects from noses. Zachary was the one who helped me figure out this lovely bit of trivia. Hopefully he's the only one who ever tries that trick! Maybe next time I should tell him to try M&M's in the nose instead of a small plastic object. :)

The Meyers said...

Wow, don't you love how kids keep us on our toes!!!