As of late Rob has been really busy with his physical activities, which put mine on the back burner (it's all about being supportive and loving). Prior to his mass of activities which include biking, running and swimming (yes, he is training for the Iron Man that will take place here in St. George May 2010) I had a goal to run 4 miles before the end of March. Well, it didn't happen. I was a little bummed that I had finally set a goal with my running and then wasn't able to try to accomplish it. Tonight I decided I was going to go run on the treadmill just because it had been a while and I was missing it. I usually run right around 3 miles, but tonight I was feeling so good that when I hit the 3 mile mark I told myself I was going for it! I did it!!! It felt GREAT! It took me 48 minutes, but heck who cares. I love running and I am so grateful for my best friend, my husband, for helping me find the confidence within myself that I needed years ago when he got me into running. I didn't think I could ever 'be a runner', but he was there to help me along and give me support. Thanks Robbie...You are the BEST!
4 comments:
Way to go! It's always good to hear success stories, especially about physical things ( I hate running, so it's even more inspiring). Keep up the good work!
That is awesome! I have recently been trying to work out again (the story of my life) and I am trying to get to 3 miles some day (love to do a 5 K with my friend down the road) and I can barely do a mile...so thanks for inspiring me. You are too cute.
Long Long ago I was runner too and 4 miles is awesome! You make me think maybe I can get back into it. You go girl!!!
Hooray Lindsey! That is great!!!!
Post a Comment