Today the kids and I had fun making chocolate and festive
sprinkle dipped strawberries.
Independence Day is my most favorite holiday. Mostly because of what it stands for...the beautiful country that we live in and the freedoms that we have to enjoy. I recently read a short story about some of the men that signed the Declaration of Independence and all that they went through...the sacrifices that they made...losing their possessions, loved ones and some, their lives. I am grateful to live in this blessed country. There are two things that get me all teary eyed when I see them...the first being Old Glory because she represents so much and the second is when I see an old war veteran in his uniform. We are forever in debt to those who serve our country
so we can continue to have all that we do.
sprinkle dipped strawberries.
Independence Day is my most favorite holiday. Mostly because of what it stands for...the beautiful country that we live in and the freedoms that we have to enjoy. I recently read a short story about some of the men that signed the Declaration of Independence and all that they went through...the sacrifices that they made...losing their possessions, loved ones and some, their lives. I am grateful to live in this blessed country. There are two things that get me all teary eyed when I see them...the first being Old Glory because she represents so much and the second is when I see an old war veteran in his uniform. We are forever in debt to those who serve our country
so we can continue to have all that we do.
6 comments:
So Fun! Li Love the 4th of July too!! Better than Christmas in my book! Your kids are so cute!
I feel the exact same way about the 4th of July! I get all teary, hearing the patriotic songs...especially the national anthem! I love every part about it! Can't wait!
Those look so festive and patriotic. I always seem to get to the fourth and wish I had done more to prepare for the day. Have a great time celebrating!
What a good MOM! You are so cute, no wonder your kids are.
MMMM those look yummy! You're so good to do those activities, usually Jared has to do those b/c I lack the patience. :)
Love those festive chocolate covered Strawberries. I think I might have to do that next year! What a cute idea.
Post a Comment