The two stories I will share are about my Grandma and Grandpa Thomson. Oh how I love them so much. Grandma is still with us...busy as a bumblebee having luncheons and dinner parties, serving as an usher at the Conference Center in SLC, keeping up with her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids, and just having fun. Grandpa passed away on August 24, 2001. I miss him so much. He was the best grandpa anyone could ever have. He was so loving, his compassion towards others was like that of the Savior, he always had a joke to share (and then grandma would hit his arm and give him 'the look'), he had a green thumb that could grow anything! and I loved it when he would show up in his flannel shirt jacket with his wool cap on. Thomson is from Scottish descent so he always had a great love for the bagpipes. It's been years since he's been gone, but I still think of him everyday.
I never doubted the love my grandparents had for one another...and for their family.
1st story:
2 years ago on the anniversary of my grandpa's passing my grandma went to the Bountiful Cemetery. She visited all the family in the cemetery prior to going to her sweet companion's grave. As she walked from his parents' graves to his, all of the sudden she heard bagpipes...just as clear as the day. She stopped and looked around...there was no one else in the cemetery, not a funeral taking place. As far as she could tell the sound wasn't coming from any of the houses that back the cemetery. She just figured grandpa was there and he wanted her to know.
2nd story:
In late July early August of this year my grandma went on a "Mystery" Temple Tour...meaning they would go to a new temple every other day or so throughout the tour, but never knew which one was next on the agenda. On August 3rd, the very last day of the tour before they headed home, they went to the Chicago, Ill. temple. The significance of this is that a little over 20 years ago grandma and grandpa served a temple mission at the Chicago, Ill. temple AND August 3rd would have been their 60th wedding anniversary! This gives me the chills...Grandma said it was hard for her to not believe that grandpa was pulling strings with someone :)
I'm grateful to grandma for sharing these short, simple and utterly sweet stories with us.
Thank you for your examples, what you've taught me and know that I have tremendous love for each one of you.
2 comments:
Those are so cool. Thanks for sharing. Love knowing how thin the vail is.
WOW! I have chills. Such sweet stories, and what a blessing to have your grandma living and sharing her amazing example.
Very sweet, thanks for sharing those.
Post a Comment