Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Meal Inspired by Julie and Julia

One of the things we love most at this
house is...FOOD!!!

Today being Valentine's Day
I had the menu layed out
days in advance just hoping
that it would all come together and
be oh so good.

For breakfast we had:

chocolate chip pancakes
topped with
strawberries and whip cream
cheesy eggs &
turkey bacon

(on Sundays we skip lunch
because our church is at 1 so
we eat a late breakfast)

My dinner menu is where the
inspiration from the above
mention movie comes into
play. I often think of the scene
where Julie and her husband are
eating steak and bruschetta.
Her husband is eating
the bruschetta like he can't
get enough because it
is soooo good.

SO...for dinner we had:

grilled steaks (thanks to Rob)
freshly made bruschetta
(thanks to me and the internet
for the recipe)
and spring salad.



Both meals were yum, yum, yummy
but I have to say I was very
pleased with the way my
bruschetta turned out!!

It was divine.

Want the recipe??? click HERE

Hope you all had a HaPpY Valentine's Day!!!

9 comments:

Kim said...

mm mmm that looks tasty!

The Smith Family said...

Lindsey,

It looks good to me! I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. BTW, I love the new pic you put on of Kennedy, she looks beautiful.

Love ya,


Kelly

Jess said...

Oh Linds! That looks sooo good. I wish our Valentines was at your house too! What a lucky hubby you have.

LL said...

YUM!!! what a great idea
(i loved that movie)
Happy Valentines my friend!

Lori said...

LOVED that movie!!! ... what a delicious day you guys had ... oh my goodness! Good thing you didn't post this the day before Valentines day ... you would have had the Pryor family on your doorstep, salivating, begging to be fed. =)

Emily said...

Yum-o! I love bruschetta! Thanks for sharing the recipe. What a fun Valentine's dinner.

Katie and Bryson said...

WOW...that's just...WOW. Your bruschetta looks amazing!!! Fun to check out your blog :)

Nelson Family said...

That looks great. I should probably watch that movie. Maybe Steve would thank me. It looks like you're still doing well in St. George. I love it there this time of year!

Norris Fam said...

I still need to see that movie. Maybe it will inspire me to cook like that :)