I think if divorce and cancer didn't exist in our world it would be such a happier place. Though then you think, well if they didn't exist it would just be something else...right??
My heart is aching right now as I just found out that a childhood friend of mine has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She is strong... it can be fought...survival rate is 90%...and she is one.tough.gal. But it still makes me have knots in my stomach and makes me sad. Most of the time we don't know or understand the reason why things happen to us or others that we care for. I guess all we do know is that...in this thing called life, all we can do is our best, be optimistic and deal with what is handed to us. AND thank God (said with the utmost respect) for our families...we wouldn't be able to get through anything without them.
2 comments:
Amen! But adversity makes us stronger, exposes our weaknesses, and helps us put our faith in trust in another power. The Lord's hands, the atonement. I feel bad for people in those situations too. It definitely makes me reevaluate and think "Hey you have a lot to be grateful for" It can always e worse right?! I am glad your friend is a fighter.
do I know this person?
I'm SORRY!
It really is true, the realities of LIFE seem more painful as we get older. It's hard to see good people suffer.
Post a Comment