Monday, October 25, 2010

Look what I did!!!

I turned these...

into this...
I am so happy with myself...a little giddy to be honest.
It was intimidating and a bit stressful,
but I believe the end result was well worth it.
Especially when I use them for a yummy apple crisp
or maybe an apple pie or an apple strudel or
apple pancakes.

I need to give a big thanks to my friend Cathie who
let me borrow her canner water-bath, to whoever
had apples shipped from Washington state to our
local cannery and sold them at .65 cents a pound
AND to my mom who was on
the other end of the phone when I needed
her. Love you mom.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Way to go Linds! Canning is totally intimidating...at first...now you will canning all kinds of stuff, I'm sure! They look awesome!

Jess said...

Rock on sister! Way to go! Canning is hard work.

The Smith Family said...

Lindsey,

Wow, I am so impressed! That apple filling looks delicious!

Love Ya!!

Lori said...

Awesome!!! Those look SOOOOO good Lindsey, you did such a great job! My mouth is watering ... apple-anything sounds pretty wonderful.

Kim said...

YUMMY! That is my goal one day when we are more settled to learn how to do this.

Way to go!

LL said...

I'm SUPER impressed!
and I love the vision on your mom on the other end of the phone.
SO CUTE!

Jill said...

That is hard! This is the first year I got into canning, only tomoatoes though! Next year I am getting into the fruit! I will come to you for help!