It was ten years ago today,
I remember it like it was yesterday.
Receiving a phone call from my dad,
telling me that grandpa had passed away.
His body overcome with cancer,
so frail he could take no more.
I can't listen to bagpipes
without tears flooding my eyes.
I can't look at a luscious, vibrant
garden growing without thinking
of your green thumb.
I can't not smile at strangers
because it's something you
taught me that we just do.
When I'm in the mountains
and smell the skunk grass,
I think of you.
I remember our trips to
the Cache Valley Cheese Factory,
eating squeaky cheese until our
tummies could take no more.
You were the kind of grandpa
everyone should be blessed with.
So loving, unconditionally,
so caring and so fun.
Thank you for the memories,
Gramps, I love you and
I miss you a ton.

1 comment:
This is the sweetest thing ever! I'm certain your Gramps was one of a kind.
Post a Comment