Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{be grateful} day 15


Today I am grateful for this gentle giant.
This summer I read his biography
and enjoyed every morsel of it.

My favorite saying of his is this:
"I didn't know, but Heavenly Father did."

One night he sat in a meeting.  The spirit prompted him
to leave and go to the hospital.
Being worried of what others would
think of him just getting up and leaving,
he remained seated.
Two more times the spirit would prompt
him to get up, leave and get to the hospital.
After the last speaker in the meeting concluded,
he got up in a rush, ran out of the building
to his car and quickly went to the hospital.
Upon his arrival, walking down the hall
he noticed a group gathered at a room.
Looking at the room numbers as he passed, he quickly realized
it was the room he was headed to.
As he approached, a woman came to him
and said "are you Bishop Monson?" 
He replied "yes."
She said "oh, he was calling for you just before he died."

From that moment on, President Monson has not 
let another prompting slide past him.
When he shows up somewhere,
whether it's to offer comfort or to say hello,
people often ask him 
"how did you know?"

His response:
"I didn't know, but Heavenly Father did."

What a great example he is, not only
 to those who choose to follow him,
but to those in the world that know of him.

I never thought I could say this about another prophet
after beloved President Hinckley, but I can
and I'm so happy about it!
I {LOVE} President Monson.

1 comment:

Lori said...

This just gave me the chills ... the chills = Lori feeling the Spirit ... it took me sooooooo embarassingly long to figure that one out for myself. Anyway ... I LOVE PRESIDENT MONSON TOO! Such an amazing example!!!