I'm one day late, but better late
than never, right??
A couple years ago during the month
of November I posted about something
that I am grateful for each day.
Well, I feel like doing it again.
So here I go...
For yesterday:
I am grateful for people who come
into our lives for a short time.
We may not know the exact reason,
but we know it was meant to be.
This happened to me recently.
Victoria moved in to our ward about
3 months ago. I met her within the first
week. For whatever reason, I felt an
immediate bond with her.
She is so
genuine, open, honest,
hilarious and different.
She was so easy to talk to.
Yesterday was a sad day because she
moved away.
She kept telling me during our short friendship
that I was such a blessing in her life, when
really I felt the same way about her.
For today:
I am grateful for facebook.
A couple of years ago I hated it!
I didn't like situations it was causing
and that people weren't being more cautious
about it. But I learned it's all in the user, it's not
facebook itself.
I am grateful for facebook because I will
be able to keep up with my new friend, Victoria.
But I am also grateful because of the
rekindling with old friends.
There are people in your life that,
prior to FB, you always thought about,
wondered about,
sometimes heard about,
but didn't know
exactly how to get back in
touch with them.
Facebook took care of all that
and it's been fun getting together
with them when life allows it.

1 comment:
Soooooo with you on the whole "it's all in the user" thing with regard to Facebook. I used to hate it too ... glad i was able to adjust my attitude about it, because there really is so much good that can come from it in terms of keeping up with dear friends. :)
Post a Comment