Thursday, March 15, 2012

Miserable...

I've thought over the last few days why I haven't taken any pictures
to document Kennedy's little journey of getting her tonsils out.  Well, I've come to the
conclusion that it is because I don't want to.  I don't want to remember
it.  I want it to be over ASAP and I want her to be out of pain!
I've been keeping up on the medication, but there are moments in the
day when she is in pain and there is nothing I can do.
As a mom, it is complete and utter torture.
I have gained a new level of patience...being summoned by a 
bell.  Yes, that was my idea.  And I actually like it. 
Though, don't get me wrong. Once she is better, it will come to an end.
Nights are particularly bad, because she is not able to drink constantly like she does during the day.
Last night was rough.  I woke her up at 12:30 to give her the pain
medication.  When she came to she was in so such pain.  Of course, to 
communicate pain is to cry.  When she cries it makes it even worse.
And she has a hard time breathing.
Through her cries, she yelled out
"HELP ME!"
It broke my heart.
I didn't know how to help her.
I couldn't help her.
Other than tell her to drink water to moisten her throat back up.
That's all I could do and 
it was not enough.
I laid with her until she fell back to sleep and as I did, I was
constantly praying that she would be comforted.
I am anxiously awaiting for this to be over so we, but especially she,
 can all be our normal selves again.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I truly hope she gets back to normal quickly! There is nothing worse on this earth than watching your child in pain and feeling completely helpless. Hang in there!