Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Review

So I told you last week I would give you and update
once I was done with this book


It.was.fabulous.
What an incredible story this sweet woman has to tell!
I have been on a spiritual high ever since finishing it
and it feels good.
Her will to live was so strong...she knew she wanted to be able to 
continue being a mother to her four (now five!) children.
After being burned on 80% of her body,
she knew the journey was going to be a long and
difficult one.  emotionally, mentally and physically.
But she did not let it take her will away.
And not only was it her will to live,
but Heavenly Father's will for her to live too.
She talks about her faith in the book.  Knowing
so strongly in her heart that she is a Child of God.
She shared her belief that Heavenly Father knew what she was
going through and was there to help her and strengthen her.
She also shared about when she was in a couple of her
medically induced comas how her
grandma Aurora was there with her.  At first, it scared her.
She thought she was there...to take her to heaven.
She didn't want to die.
She wanted to live. She wanted to be a mother.
Every time she woke up after having grandma Aurora with her
she was relieved to be alive.
It was later when she realized that grandma Aurora
was there simply to be with her and comfort her.
Her good friend Mindy Gledhill wrote a beautiful song for her.
I know it will wear off, but right now I can't listen to it 
without shedding a few tears. 

I would totally recommend reading this book.
So inspirational. So moving.
So wonderful.

No comments: