Sunday, February 24, 2013

an update, a story and a shout out...

So I thought I would share with you today that I...WE...{LOVED} going to our
new ward.  We have embraced the change and it is refreshing.  There are so
many good families and wonderful people.  I can't wait to get to know them better.
The kids were happy that some of their school friends are now in their primary classes
and I quite enjoyed sitting on the "other" side of the Relief Society room.

The Relief Society president taught today and she shared a story that I don't
want to forget, so I am going record it here, which means I am sharing it with
you and I hope you are moved by it just as much as I was.

When sister Hogan (the RS Pres) lived in Texas 7 years ago, a flash flood
occurred in the area where she lived.  A bus full of teenage students were being
transported to higher ground for safety when they crossed a bridge at exactly
the wrong time.  The rushing waters over took the bus and it was swept away.
The force of the water pushed the kids out of the bus windows.  Some of them
made it to shore, some of them died in the bus, the others were swept away.
A media helicopter was above taking pictures and film of all the chaos below.
The photographer focused in on one girl who was being attempted to be rescued.
The rescuer threw her a ring, she got the top half of her body into it but then because
of the frigid, raging water and loss of strength she slipped through.  This happened
 two or three times.  As the photographer saw this happening, feeling helpless...he handed
his camera to an intern and started screaming at her, above the loudness of the
helicopter..."your mother loves you, FIGHT!! your mother loves you, FIGHT!!"
Somehow, she heard him and with all the strength she could muster, she was saved.
Later the media guy was asked how he knew the girl's mother.  His response:
"I don't know her or her mother, but I do know what the power of love can do."

WOW!! That story just hit me to the very core of my being.  Love is so powerful.
It can heal all things.  When I think of love that is THAT POWERFUL, I can't help
but think of my/our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He LOVES everyone.  He is the ultimate
example to us of LOVE and I am grateful that I know Him and that I have a strong love for Him.

Happy Sunday everyone.  I hope your day is going just as beautiful as mine.

Oh and a shout out to my fabulous parents who are celebrating their wedding
anniversary today for the 41st time!!! I love you too so so much and I am thankful every day
for being blessed to have you two for my parents.  YOU ARE THE BEST!!


1 comment:

{sheree} said...

Whoa...that story gave me chills. Thank you for sharing.
I'm so glad you guys love your new ward!