The morning of 9/11/01 Rob had just left to work.
I was getting ready for my first OB/GYN appointment
after finding out weeks earlier that I was
pregnant for the first time.
Rob called me and told me to turn the Today Show on.
I did.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
Everyone was wondering why in the
world a plane had just crashed into one of the
twin towers.
It had to be an accident!
Then in horror
with Rob on the phone,
I watched the second plane crash.
I, along with everyone else,
could not believe what my eyes had just seen.
It was now apparent that the first crash
was no accident at all.
My stomach was just sick.
It's like when you just find out someone
you know has tragically died.
You don't feel like your normal-ness
should go on.
I remember Matt Lauer getting all choked up
about the people who died and how
sad he was for their families.
I remember having the thought,
if all those people knew about the Plan of Happiness.
There would still be sadness,
but it would help if they knew!
I remember seeing footage of people falling from the sky.
Oh my. nightmares.
horrible.
what a horrible day.
I do remember immediately thinking about my grandpa
who was taken from this life just a couple weeks
prior to this day. Thinking he was up there helping
the mass of people enter into Heaven.
Every year Facebook is flooded with people sharing
where they were,
what they were doing, etc.
I have never shared because honestly,
I don't like to think about the day at all.
Selfishly, I think of the good thing that happened to me
on that day five years prior when
my love and I received our endowments together on
September 11, 1996 in the Bountiful Temple.
That brings me comfort. Knowing that my family is forever.
I can only hope and pray that those who were
directly affected by the events of that day,
tragically losing a loved one,
if they haven't already, will one day learn about
The Plan of Happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment