Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Try a little harder to be a little better"

Last week there was a tragic cycling accident.
The man who was killed, I did not know.
But he is the kind of person 
you would want to know.
Because a handful of my friends
knew him my 
Facebook feed was flooded with the news.
with tributes.
with blog posts.
with grievances.
sharing what a great guy this person was.
Even though I didn't know him,
I wished I did.
I read all I could about him.
and I was inspired to do better.
to be better.
A local music artist
(who happens to be my boss's step-daughter)
wrote a song about him.

Listen to it.
Be inspired by it.
Be inspired by the kind of person
Braydon was.


If you want to read more about him
go here
and 
here


post-post
As I was driving to Taco Time this evening (at the request of Kennedy who was craving a crisp bean burrito, that girl is more like her mom than she knows...) the thought came to me that I DO know many people like Braydon. I am blessed to know many who are like him. Just wanted to share that too.


No comments: