Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yeah!!! Another family visit!

We are excited to have Robs mom, his older sister and her 3 boys come and see us this weekend! Kennedy just thinks it's great to have her cousins come to Cedar to see her.

This last week our Bishop got taken away from us and put into the new Stake Presidency. Everyone is joking about how Rob is going to be the new Bishop...honestly, he's not. Our time in Cedar is near to coming to an end as we are looking for employment elsewhere...North, South, who knows.

So I had an experience at Wal-mart the other day and the best thing I could do was grit my teeth and smile. I was checking out and Conner was having a hard time letting go of his treat so I could pay for it. He did, but when he saw the treat go in the bag rather than back in his hands, he started crying. The checkout lady said, looks like someone is use to getting his way (yes, sometimes he does...I choose my battles). I said something to Conner, I don't remember exactly what something like you can have them in the car, and he said NO. The checkout lady said, Wow! if that was my child I would put that right back where it came from. Inside I became a little defensive, but again I just kept my mouth shut and smiled at her. Sometimes I just don't understand why people feel like they have to chip in like that. She doesn't know my kid, yes he was throwing a tantrum, but for heavens sake he is not even two yet. And I am sorry to say this(warning: being judgemental) but she did look like a person who would slap a child for saying NO, but that is not something I could ever do any of my children. He will learn, just as Kennedy did, about respect and all that other good stuff. Anyway, sorry for going off, it just bugged me a little.

Hope everyone is having a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Family...friends...we love and appreciate you all!

5 comments:

Bon said...

ewwwww.....I HATE when people do that! You are nice though...I on the other hand, am mean if I feel people are judging me! I probably would have said "Yeah, well I'm not a mean mom!"

You are so good- I should follow your example though and bite my tongue- it is hard though when people can't remember what it is like to have a crying baby! O.k. So I am totally going off too- obviously this has happened to me more than once!

Hooray for company though- four of my five sisters are coming this weekend! YEAH!!!! Hope you have fun!

Bon said...

P.S. About the employment elsewhere....You can't leave until we leave!!!:) I seriously started crying when I read that!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Lindsay, hope you don't mind me blog stocking (It's Jaime Blaisdell from Leon Valley Ward). I have been wondering lately about how you guys are doing and I didn't know how to get a hold of you!! My blog is private but if you send me your email to theblaisdells@hotmail.com I can send you an invite.

I would love to keep up with your family!!!

Kim said...

Wow, talk about some self control! I don't think I could have smiled through that one.
Kudos to you!!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

People can be so. . . lovely, can't they? I just laugh when people say stuff now, becasue I just figure they have never had kids. A lady in our new ward turned around and told us she had never heard achild scream as loud as HIett. Whoopee. I guess it's good that he stands out?!!? Yeah, and what is that about you leaving? I always knew you kinda planned on it, but so soon? THanks again for watching my screamer!