Sunday, March 16, 2008

a few "firsts"

This weekend Kennedy has been a little under the weather so we have been inside most of it, but it was not without excitement. Saturday afternoon it was nice enough that we cooked on the grill for the FIRST time this year. While Robert was out cooking hotdogs and brats, Conner got to ride his 4-wheeler that g & g Thomson gave him for Christmas for the FIRST time outside.
He thought that was pretty cool.

While eating, Kennedy’s tooth that has been loose for the last month finally fell out…so she lost her FIRST tooth. She was so excited! Then her daddy told her that the tooth fairy only brings a penny (of course just joking) and she started crying. Mommy had to reassure her that the tooth fairy brings more than just a penny. So, to say the least, she was pretty excited when she woke up and there was a dollar under her pillow.

It was not very exciting to have it snow all day!! We are so ready for warmth. Hopefully it will warm up this week so we can go to the park and play.
Hope everyone has a great week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bon said...

You have such beautiful kids Lindsey! I hope Kennedy gets feeling better soon! Sounds like fun on Saturday- I am getting antsy to have a bbq here soon- :)

Kim said...

Love the pictures! Toothless grins are the best. You guys are very patient for your bbq, jared gets a little crazy sometimes and goes out in the freezing cold and fires ours up.

Nelson Family said...

What a cute post of firsts. It's a fun time right now with our kids. They get so excited about new things. I love it!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

I can't believe how much I miss! I need to check your blog everyday, so much has been going on! Your Grandma looks so sweet. Grandmas are the best. It took Kennedy forever to lose that tooth! WOW! I hope you have a good Easter- sorry I missed playgroup yet again. IT's harder than I thought, trying to only make one trip to Cedar a week! Miss you!

The Blaisdell Family said...

That is so funny about the penny!! Poor girl, I would have cried too. I'm glad she got more though:) Isn't it crazy that we have kids old enough to start loosing teeth??? Man Lindsey...how old are we!!:)

Mike and Kelly said...

Wait until you have kids old enough to be baptized,...that is crazy. I love all of your first. That was really cute.

Amber Lee said...

Yay, Kennedy! You're officially growing up now that you're missing a tooth! Bailey still has all hers, but I know she'll be excited to finally be a "kid!"